It’s just like the foosball game you know and love, except YOU’RE the player!
Brat Fest is hosting our second Human Foosball tournament on Sunday, May 26. Teams will consist of 6-10 players and will face off in a double-elimination tournament.
The cost is $150 for a team of 6, and $25 for each additional person. Registration includes a Human Foosball t-shirt, beer or soda, and a Brat Buck per person. Play for great prizes!
Courts will be open and available for practice throughout the weekend.
Oh, and did we mention there are prizes to be won? 1st Place: $300 and a case of brats
2nd Place: $180 and a case of brats
3rd Place: Case of brats
Click here for registration and pricing information.
*Open play available on Friday, Saturday, and Monday during Sports Zone hours. Grab your family and friends and compete for bragging rights!
- Play rain or shine on Sunday, May 26thon Willow Island
- Teams MUST have 6 players per side, any less is a forfeit/unable to register
- Double Elimination Tournament
- $150 / Team (6-10 players)
- Registration includes (6) Brat Bucks, (6) Beer Coupons (21 & over), (6) T-Shirt’s (additional shirts may be purchased for $10 each)
- Registration Friday, Saturday, & Sunday
- Game Changers
- Game Changers add a competitive edge for TWO minutes. Teams MUST purchase game changers at the tournament for $10 dollars each. The Game Changer must be purchased prior to the start of the match (you may buy additional Game Changers in-between matches) Number one rule: If you don’t use it, you lose it! A team may choose to use all of their game changers in one match or save them for future matches. NO GAME CHANGER’S ALLOWED IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH. **You may only use 1 Game Changer at a time.
- Game Changers (2 minutes each):
- Pull an opposing player (excludes goalie)
- 2 for 1 Goals (team goals are worth 2 points during the allotted time)
- Line Freeze (freeze a line for 2 minutes)
- Check-In 7:30-8:30 am Sunday, May 26th
- 8:30 am Captains Meeting
- 9:00 am Tournaments starts
- Human Foosball is like the classic table top Foosball, however, it is played with real people, a soccer ball, and in a large enclosed arena.
- Two teams compete against each other to score the most goals in the allotted time.
- Each team consists of 6 players, in 3 different rows that must face the opposing teams goal at all times: 1 goalie, 3 mid-fielders and 2 forwards.
- 6 poles are laid cross the arena with a sleeve over each. The sleeve allows the players in each row to move laterally along the pole, but not forward or backward.
- The game is played in two 10 minute halves, with a 2 minute half-time between each.
- Teams change sides after half-time.
- Once a penalty occurs, the non-offending team gains possession of the ball in the mid-field position. Penalties occur when:
- Any player or goalie takes their hand off of their pole.
- The foosball hits or goes over the other side of one of the poles or an object above the pole.
- The ball goes out of bounds.
- Any delay of game incident (as determined by the ref)
- No Hooking (Hooking an opposing team member’s ankle to impede their play)
Restarting the Game
- When a goal is scored, the game is restarted by giving possession of the ball to the scored on team in the mid-field area.
- When the ball goes out of bounds (sides or ends), the game is restarted by giving possession of the ball to the non-offending team in the mid-field area.
How the Game Ends
- The game is over when the time expires.
- The game officials will provide the final score.
- Ties after the 10 minute playtime in the competitive division will be determine by a shootout:
- Each team will choose 1 player to shoot on the opposing goal keeper from anywhere on the forward position.
- Away team shoots first.
- If game is still tied after each team shoots, teams must choose another player to shoot.
- Shooters cannot shoot again until all 6 players on the team have attempted a shot (including goal keepers), after which any player can re-shoot.
- Winner is determined after any round in which one team scores and the opposing team does not.
- Teams are responsible to ensure they are at their correct location and ready to compete at the scheduled beginning of the round. The organizers reserve the right to disqualify any team who is not ready to play. This rule is imposed not to delay the programming for the event.
- Absolutely no hanging off of the poles, one foot must be on the ground at all times.
- Protective cups are recommended. Protective soccer shin pads and face protection may also be worn by players.
- Proper footwear is mandatory. Footwear must cover the entire foot and hard covered (steel toes) footwear will not be allowed.
- A random draw will determine the order in which the games are scheduled and the order of team seeding.
- The organizers reserve the right to alter the championship order if necessary.
- The organizers reserve the right to add or delete rules prior to the start of the championship. Please check this website prior to starting play.
- The organizers reserve the right to prohibit any player or team from participating if they are deemed to cause safety concerns.
- The organizers reserve the right to reject any entry.
- All matters not dealt with in these rules should be referred to the organizers, whose decision on such matters shall be binding